Position: Senior HR & Administration Officer
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Senior HR & Administration Officer
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 Year contract
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Head Office is looking for a suitable candidate for the mentioned post, who will be responsible to carry out HR and Administration business in the organization in order to ensure that, the welfare of staff and the organization are met so that the organization performs all of its operations efficiently. This role also includes administrative tasks including Managing organization registrations, receiving and forwarding communications, and taking care of more general duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing staff recruitment and conduct employee orientation, development, and training.
- Check each departments’ annual plan and prepare annual recruitment plan including sharing appropriate schedule and procedures required with all departments.
- Processing and managing work, residence permits and camp permits for expatriates including renewals and annual returns.
- Manage performance management process by ensuring;
- Staff annual goals and job description are in place
- Staff performance tools are in place
- Mid and final appraisal is conducted to all offices within time
- Review appraisal reports and give feedback accordingly
- Appraisal documents are properly filled and kept in employees’ files
- Manage HR activities through HR system and ensure system is effectively used.
- Develop and implement staff training, programs and development activities.
- Review, develop and execute of HR policies.
- Prepare employees contracts and develop terms and conditions.
- Manage health and safety issues in workplace.
- Managing disciplinary issues, addressing employees concerns and announcing changes or information from management to staff.
- Manage and monitor HR budget including salary, statutory and other expenses.
- Provides support to employees in the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines.
- Any other related work as may be assigned.
- Prepare and organize filing systems and record keeping for important and confidential organization documents i.e. contracts, MOUs, reports and ensuring unified filling system.
- Act as contact person to communicate with Area Offices and report to in charge person for follow up.
- Manage rental office issues including rent contract review, signing, renewals, rent fees, withholding taxes, documentation, communicating with landlords and other related duties as may be directed.
- Preparing administration expense reports and related budgets as may be assigned.
- Managing organization compliance including drafting and sending documents to the government and other stakeholders for registration, annual fees payments, license etc.
- Drafts administration forms and other related documents.
- Manage Docswave system to ensure efficient performance including registration of staff, annual payment, uploading of required documents and contacting IT for any inquiry etc.
- Coordinating and facilitating CD’s calendar to arrange appointments, meetings, and conferences in consultation with Travel and Logistics in charge person.
- charge person.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management, Administration or related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in human resource and administration (experience with NGO is an added advantage)
- Solid knowledge of office management and procedures
- Experience with HR Management Software (e.g. payroll systems)
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili
- Leadership skills, problem solving skills, creativity in decision making
- Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure well, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
- Self-motivational and organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision
- Perform other duties as may be required
All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email protected]
All applicants should provide current contact information of their referees.
Deadline for application is not later than 14th March, 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.