AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
9 New Jobs at Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC) – Regional Social Behaviour Communications Managers,March 2022
Designation: Regional Social Behaviour Communications Managers
Location: 9-Positions based in Mwanza, Mara, Shinyanga, Dodoma, Katavi, Dar-es-salaam, Tanga, Tabora and Zanzibar
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC) is a non-government organization established in 2013 with the registration number 00NG0/00006483. TCDC’s mission is to strengthen Tanzanian institutions and to support the government of Tanzania in its use of communication, social development and social marketing strategies in the areas of health and education to improve lives of Tanzanians.
TCDC implements community mobilization at scale and provides support in designing evidence-based SBCC strategies. TCDC’s approach is effective by deploying “external interventions’ such as media, as well as “community initiated interventions” like mid-media and community actions through community-based organizations (CBOs), village health workers and volunteers.
TCDC has been sub-contracted by JHPIEGO who recently received notice of award for the USAID/ Tanzania’s Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program (C3HP) – Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH). TCDC will be providing technical leadership and implementation assistance in Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) to address social norms for adoption of recommended RMNCAH practices at the regional and community levels. C3HP is a ve-year project implemented in 11-targeted regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. The project aims to increase the use of, demand for, and access to quality integrated RMNCAH services, particularly by youth and women, leading to improved health outcomes. In this regard, TCDC wishes to recruit for the following positions.
To provide effective leadership, management and implementation of SBC activities in order to contribute to overall objectives of C3HP project. The candidate will support the C3HP team by providing SBC technical advice to partners and government stakeholders to ensure activities are implemented based on evidence-based SBC approaches, follow current practice, and established standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. They will also be responsible for leading and coordinating the documentation and dissemination of knowledge to implementing partners to ensure consistency in the scale up of activities
This position requires the ability to work with multiple teams, creative and strategic thinker who is comfortable working in an environment with multiple competing priorities. This position will require eld travel up to 60%.
Key duties /Responsibilities and Key Results areas;
Planning, Organizing and Execution:
- Initiate and assist the planning process with NGO/CSOs, local government and community leaders.
- Liaison with the regional/district government staff to plan community mobilization activities
- Assist in the preparation of annual work plans, timelines, budgets and reports for TCDC
- Participate into regional as well as district planning sessions, share TCDC annual work plan to be incorporated into Regional Health Management Team plan.
- Develop and implement regional work plans
- Oversee implementation of SBC activities in the region
- Participate in national, regional, district invited or organized events
- Assist in the preparation of CSO’s work plans, timelines, budgets and reports
- Build capacity of the CSOs through effective coaching and supportive supervision to enhance their project managerial skills.
- Coordinate NGOs/CBOs activities and ensuring the outputs are delivered on time and in accordance with their contract.
- Coordinate C3HP SBCC activities in the region in collaboration with RHMT/CHMT
- Attend and represent C3HP in all key regional health technical meetings, present and provide feedback of meeting proceeds.
- Maintain a database of all partners, their contacts and location, interact regularly to present C3HP strategic issues and clari cation.
- Liaise with the district government staff to ensure mutual collaboration between Councils and CSOs
- Acting as C3HP representative in the region meetings, and maintaining strong links with the community leaders, government, NGOs, CSO, and other stakeholders also to Advocate and in uence government bodies, NGOs, CSO and partners on the organization activities at regional level and ensure there is good working relationships between government, private partners in reaching our goals.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Support CSOs and CHW by conducting support supervision visits on monthly basis to identify areas requiring support and as appropriate seek assistance when needed and Provide regular and timely feedback to high-level management as needed on key challenges hindering the implementation of the program and suggest solutions for improvement
- Work with M&E team to monitor all C3HP SBCC activities in the region
- Collect and compile quality and timely regional monthly operations reports and disseminate them to all stakeholders in the region as well as provide solutions/plans that would lead to the improved or continued performance of the program activities.
- Provide report for supportive supervision and on going monitoring activities
- Share project success story or stages of behaviour change in the project
- Properly use all community event guide lines to monitor eld activities
- Ensure accuracy of data collected from eld/community events and reported in the available M&E system.
- Present qualitative and quantitative results to regional and districts stakeholders including other C3HP partners.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative research results from internal and external sources for better programming and implementation of campaign activities in the region.
Qualifications and Experience;
- Master’s degree in public health, Health communication, Sociology, or related eld OR bachelor degree with at least 6 years of experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating SBCC interventions.
- Experience and ability to design and implement community based SBCC Interventions.
- Familiarity with principles and approaches in community mobilization and understanding of SBC C programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with variety of audiences.
- Experience implementing SBCC projects focusing on RMNCAH will be an added advantage. • Ability to handle a variety of different assignments, sometimes under pressure of deadlines. • Experience in working with USAID-funded projects
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-cultural teams and with technical and administrative staff and consultants.
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports
- Self-motivated with positive and professional approach to management
- Willingness to be based in one of the above regions and to travel to remote rural locations
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the criteria given and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and updated CV combined as one PDF document. Include three contractable professional referees and your updated salary history. (Applications, which do not include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
All applications should be send through e –mail: [email protected] The subject on your application should be position title and region your applying for .The closing date of applications will be Wednesday 16th March 2022; 17:00hrs.
Direct application through other e-mail’s or hand delivery will not be accepted.
TCDC doesn’t require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of recruitment and selection process.
TCDC is an Equal Opportunity, Af rmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all quali ed applicants and employees without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political af liation in any employment decisions.
Any applicant attempting or communicating to the TCDC Management or staff through phone calls, SMS, text, Emails and other means will automatically be disquali ed from the opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided of cial correspondence email above.
TCDC regrets that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that:
•Any supporting documents are to be provided by applicants only upon request by the selection panel.
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC)
Mikocheni B-Plot No 22, House No MKC/MCB/993 Mbuni Street P.O. Box 105170