New Job Opportunity at Asilia Camps and Lodge Ltd – Office Manager
We offer guests a genuine African safari through rich, meaningful, and immersive wildlife experiences. As new opportunities emerge, we continue to evolve, but will always be rooted in one fundamental principle: to offer genuine safaris that make a genuine difference and empower the crucial wilderness areas in East Africa to thrive, benefiting people and nature alike.
We are seeking an experienced Office Manager to be based at Dar Es Salaam office in Northern Tanzania.
SCOPE AND POSITION OVERVIEW
To ensure that the company systems, facilities, activities, and staff work together in a smooth, safe and harmonious manner to ensure company daily operations are running in smooth manner.
The key requirements are high and accurate performance, stamina, strong organisational ability and excellent leadership qualities, with experience managing teams.
Your main responsibilities and duties will be:
- To maintain the company name in best practice in all dealings with suppliers, partners, and staff.
- Ultimately responsible for financial functioning of the areas under control.
- Health and safety including protection of all guests, staff, property, and equipment (all company assets to be managed to limit potential loss to the camp).
- Align with camp managers on any medical emergency for guests and staff
- To ensure all staff, in conjunction with other managers, are motivated, have a high standard of work ethic and follow the company procedures.
- To maintain strong cooperation and communication including office unit and camp managers
- To maintain a positive relationship with suppliers and other third parties.
- To ensure that camp reports are accurately, timely and consolidated; interdepartmental reports must be generated on time to measure the performance of the individual departments.
- Ensure month-end stock takes are done and submitted on time according to the financial timeline.
- To ensure safety procedures for camps are in place both guests and properties and when participating in activities, excursions and transfers, plant and equipment, in coordination with all Managers
- Ensure that overall repairs and maintenance of the property are being followed through, focusing on preventive maintenance.
- To Identify and check vehicles to be hired for our guests’ services
- Handling guest’s complaints and respond to all quires raised by guests
- Approving hired vehicle invoices for payments
- Coordinating Covid tests for guests and approve for payments
STORES AND PROCUREMENT:
- To participate on monthly stock taking and variance calls follow up with camps
- Check received orders and sign GRNs after Receiving Officer
- Approving all orders on time as per the company procedures
- Support resupply officer when required
- To ensure monthly utility reports is done timely
- Follow up with Recycling Reports from camps
- Support Procurement in preparing monthly consumption reports
- To coordinate with Arusha finance office for supplier payments
- Ensure all procurement and stock control are being followed correctly.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management role preferably in logistics, Office, Procurement and Camp Manager
- Must be a citizen of Tanzania
- Previous experience in bush camps preferable
- High level of English
- Leadership skills, guest oriented, strong communication skills, team-player
- Flexibility, commitment, dedication, and reliability
HOW TO APPLY
Should you have the required experience / qualifications in this position please send your updated CV to: [email protected] no later than 17th March, 2022.
A comprehensive job description will be given to the short-listed interview candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.