5 Job Opportunities at Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc – Senior Credit Officers March 2022
5 Job Opportunities at Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc – Senior Credit Officers Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc is a fast growing microfinance bank in Tanzania, it operating with three branches and sixteen connected financial service centre.
The bank is known for its unique and distinct way of creating a conducive banking environment, where the expectations of our stakeholders, customers and employees can be fulfilled.
Yetu Microfinance Bank is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on to fill the job vacancies below….
Position: Senior Credit Officers
Reports to: Branch Manager
Number of vacant positions: 5
1. Supporting new and current clients on loan and credit products:
- Setting up meetings with clients to obtain information on their loan needs;
- meeting and interviewing credit applicants in order to determine risk factors;
- determining the most suitable loan option; and Providing guidance on the lending process.
2. Assisting the Manager, before the loan’s approval or rejection, by ensuring the client meets the requirements to obtain a loan:
- Collecting information and processing each file to the closing stage;
- contacting other financial institutions to verify the financial background of loan applicants; examining applicants’ assets and finances;
- analyzing the applicants’ capability to repay loans by conducting a thorough assessment on creditworthiness; and submitting a detailed report regarding any abnormality on the processed file.
3. Ensuring the repayment of approved loans and credits:
- Ensuring that all related paperwork follows regulations and standards;
- ordering appraisals to be conducted on applicants’ properties and reviewing the title insurances;
- calculating payment schedules; and monitoring clients in order to guarantee their timely payment and maintain portifolio at risk at maximum of 3%
4. Maintaining detailed records on the transactions executed daily:
- Organizing all paperwork and updating database systems; and keeping a thorough daily record of every activity and incidence held at the institution.
5. Processing, reviewing, and completing loan and credit requests:
- Verifying the documentation contained in each application; and submitting the application to the manager for the credit or loan’s approval or rejection.
6. Contributing to ongoing professional business development activities:
- Cooperating with the bank’s endeavor of achieving a gross revenue and net operating income objectives;
- working alongside colleagues to gather marketing information, statistics, and trends; and building and maintaining an important customer base.
- Drafting all administrative paperwork including reminders, warnings, and updates in order to inform customers on relevant financial matters on theirs accounts and their status.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal control and established policies related to loan products in order to guarantee transparency in every application processed.
- Contacting and setting up meetings with prospective and current loan clients.
- Interviewing loan applicants in order to determine and evaluate all risk factors.
- Communicating with other financial institutions to request details on clients’ creditworthiness.
- Promoting the institution’s services and assisting clients in determining the most suitable loan to meet their financial objectives and needs.
- Submitting the processed applications to the manager with the observations found in order to approve or reject the loan.
- Keeping loan files and clients’ information up-to-date by completing credit and loan documentation, preparing detailed reports, and maintaining comprehensive computerized records.
- Attend clients either in group meetings or individually
- Providing good quality of customer service according to company policies.
- Researching, gathering, and analyzing data to make effective and profitable decisions. Staying up-to-date on applicable current regulations
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of Advanced Diploma or Bachelor Degree in any related Business Field
- Minimum relevant working experience of 4 years in microfinance/loans
Details on how to apply.
If you fit the description, please send you application and CV (in pdf only, we will delete anything else in other format) to [email protected]
The Subject of the email should be, Application to the Position of Senior Credit Officer.
Application will be evaluated on rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.o