Job Opportunity at Palladium, Internship
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives. Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Purpose of Position:
Palladium Tanzania is currently seeking an Intern, to support implementation of the Data.FI project activities in Tanzania.
Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
In Tanzania, Data.FI supports scale up of data use for quality improvement initiatives at different levels of the health system. This is done through the establishment of situation rooms for data visualization at national, regional, and council level; development of tools for quality improvement and data use; orientation of officers at different levels of the health systems; support in coaching, supportive supervision and most importantly reporting of activities and services provided to different stakeholders.
2. Intern Learning Objectives
The opportunity will not only build a record of work experience and professional network to the intern but will also expose the individual to the area of data management. Through working with team, by the end of the internship the intern will be acquainted with Palladium Company and its projects and learn what Data.FI is doing globally and in Tanzania.
Furthermore, working with Data.FI will expose the intern in field of data use, quality improvement, data reporting requirements and project reporting indicators.
The opportunity gives room for the intern to learn and gain fundamental knowledge, skills, and experience related to the data management field
3. Specific responsibilities
- Transcribe attendance registers for all Data.FI meetings into the developed attendance tracker.
- Assist in data management, including preparation, data entry and cleaning and verification for ad-hoc analysis.
- Perform any other office clerk related activities that will be assigned.
- Completion of at least one course in either statistic, ICT, computer science
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel
- Familiarity with Microsoft teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team or one-on-one, takes direction easily, and works well with a wide variety of people
- Detail oriented,
- Committed to high-quality work
- Availability to travel within Tanzania to support project activities
5. Period of performance
Intern will be required to commit 15 days per month, starting from June 1 to September 30, 2022. Extension post September will depend on the availability of funding. The individual will be required to work at Data.FI’s Palladium Office located in Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam.
6. Responsibilities of the Project
- Provide intern with the computer laptop (to be returned to the project after completion of the assignment)
- If need to travel, the Project will facilitate travel logistics and pay for travel cost as per project’s operation manual.
- Secure and safe working environment
- On time payment of fees as per agreed terms
Mode of Application:
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Palladium Group (TZ) LTD,
P.O. Box 76742,
Dar es Salaam.
Application Deadline: May 27, 2022
Email: [email protected]