Job Vacancy at FHI 360 – Senior Administrative Officer 2022
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Senior Administrative Officer – Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
Provide a broad range of high level administrative/logistical and operations support to the Country Office/Projects and FHI360 Regional and Global offices.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for the general administrative operations of the country office.
- Managing procurement of equipment, supplies and other materials per FHI360 policy and regulations.
- Overseeing the transport and logistics officer in ensuring the transportation needs of staff, consultants and visitors are effectively met.
- Ensuring service contracts, insurance policies for office property and leases are renewed in a timely manner in accordance with contracting policies of FHI 360.
- Coordinating the process of vendor selection, sole source determination, and quotation analysis to assure procurement is timely and compliant with the policies and procedures of USAID and FHI 360.
- Monitoring the billing of recurring systems including fuel payments, telephone, and office supplies to assure billing is timely and precise.
- Managing inventory of assets in collaboration with the Finance Department and in accordance with FHI360 and USAID regulations
- Supervising and ensuring the maintenance of complete official files of procurements, with all important records and documents relating to requisition and purchase order approvals from FHI360, USAID guidance, and Tanzania Government and Tax Authority exemptions.
- Maintaining records of items purchased (EFD receipts etc) to be used as support documents.
- In collaboration with Finance Officer-Grants facilitating utilization of tax reliefs available for FHI360
- Identifying issues related to the delivery of administration services and acting appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Administration, Commerce, Procurement Management, or related field with 5-7 years of administration/ management experience, also knowledge and expert understanding of administrative policies, procedures, and practices; OR Master’s Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience. Advanced Diploma with 7-9 years of relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience in procurement, cost accounting and a profound knowledge of materials management.
- Proven ability and skills to closely administer and manage work programs
- Ability to provide quality support services to the office
- Demonstrated success in managing complex procurement contexts.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and interaction capabilities with all staff levels of the organization to resolve problem situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and leadership skills in supporting a team.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software, especially in Word & Excel.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Demonstrated excellent fluency in verbal and written English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to function in a team environment
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates should apply online and upload Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.