New Job Vacancy Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) – Material Scheduler
Position: Material Scheduler
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Description :
Diageo’s performance ambition is to create the best performing , most trusted and respected Consumer Products company in the world. Our “must dos” set out where we aim to win in order to achieve this aspiration. Within Supply Chain this translates into goals that aim to deliver world class performance at best cost, drive value through exceptional service and enable new growth opportunities. To enable this, an above-the-market Centre of Excellence (CoE) has been established to perform key functional areas within PLAN, spanning over all Diageo’s markets in Africa, leveraging a central pool of expertise that ensures standard and effective practices across countries.
Purpose of Role
The Materials scheduler in the Plan COE is responsible for scheduling the materials supply in to the local operations. It is locally based reporting to the Scheduling Team lead.
Working closely with the Long term material planners, suppliers, procurement and site operations the role sustains and strengthens effective communication between the CoE and key stakeholders in the markets, including Supply Chain Directors, Production and Materials Scheduling, as well as with Suppliers and 3rd Parties.
This role must be capable of performing root cause and trend analysis for critical case volume and inventory valuation data.Your Role
- Ensure continuous replenishment of raw materials for the brewing and packaging process at supply locations in scope.
- Manage the local purchase order/scheduling agreement process to ensure MRP signal is accurate and purchase orders are in place to facilitate material receipt and supplier payment.
- Ensure efficient communication between Material planning team in CENTER OF EXCELLENCE , local Production Scheduling, local operations, and Procurement teams
- Communicate to appropriate collaborators any risks to short- and medium-term schedule material for in scope production locations.
- Support process improvement through interpretation of performance analytics.
- Ensure an ongoing tracking of relevant materials supply chain metrics.
- Do a deep dive on issues relating to material supply and supplier performance.
- Drive standardization and automation of systems and processes:Ensure local Material scheduling systems in place are aligned to global supply planning codification strategy and standards.
- Ensure effective ways of working with Data, Center of Excellence and local production/technical teams to ensure Bill of Materials (BOM)accuracy.
- Ensure that all master data pertaining to MRP (e.g., BOMs, recipes, lead-times, batch sizes etc.) is maintained in the appropriate information systems (e.g. SAP, ECC6, APO).
- Contribute to process improvements across the wider Center of Excellence .
- Knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning(MRP) and Distribution Requirements Planning methodology (DRP)
- Experience in distribution / warehousing / scheduling
- Understanding and experience in plant operations.
- Experience within supply chain optimisation platforms (ERP / master data, time-phased replenishment planning systems).
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end supply chain operational processes within Diageo e.g., DRP, Master Production Scheduling, inventory, conversion, logistics and customer service.
- Influencing and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Customer centric mind set.
- High degree of quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
We know that for us to succeed and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the outstanding contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Worker Type :Regular
Primary Location:Dar es Salaam