Information Systems Audit Manager Job opportunity at TMRC, July 2022
Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company Limited (TMRC) is a private sector financial institution with the sole purpose of supporting banks to do mortgage lending by refinancing and pre-financing banks’ mortgage portfolios. It is a mortgage liquidity facility (MLF), designed to support long-term mortgage lending activities by Primary Mortgage Lenders (PML). TMRC’s operation model was adopted from other successful liquidity facilities. TMRC was established in 2011 with support from the Government of Tanzania and the World Bank with the initial aim of supporting member banks to extend long-term mortgage loans to the public through the provision of long-term funds (www.tmrc.co.tz).
TMRC is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following vacant position currently existing in the company:
Job Title : Information Systems Audit Manager.
Section : Internal Audit
Reports to : Head of Internal Audit
Assist the Head of Internal Audit to provide assurance to the Board Audit and Risk Committee (BARC) as well as management on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, risk management, and governance processes.
Assist in Conducting and Reporting Standard audits
- Assist in Preparing and submitting engagement memos to HODs before undertaking Audit;
- Assist to arrange pre-audit meetings with the concerned department and agreeing on the modality of engagement;
- Assist in undertaking Auditing fieldwork;
- Determine specific IT involvement on audit assignments to be conducted;
- Assisting the Head of the internal audit in identifying areas for automated audit;
- Assist in preparing risk-based audit programs with test steps clearly defined and key inherent risks identified;
- Prepare quality and easy-to-follow working papers that support the procedures performed, conclusions reached, and recommendations given;
- Conducting exit meetings to agree on findings and action plans;
- Prepare audit reports on improvement areas noted and recommendations that address the root cause whilst ensuring clarity, conciseness, and timely issuance;
- Identify and assess the configuration of controls in financial reporting and related business;
- Performing third-party/opinion level services in response to management/board requests for information about internal controls and business results as far as IT is concerned;
- Assisting the organization in leveraging their technology investments to help establish, optimize, and sustain a real-time control environment;
- Responsible for auditing information systems, platforms, and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy, and security
- Evaluate ICT infrastructure in terms of risk to the organization and establish controls to mitigate loss.
- Determine and recommend improvements in the current risk management controls and in the implementation of system changes or upgrades.
- Key player in evolving the strategic direction and tactical implementation of IT Audit; and
- Establish standard procedures for IT auditing.
- Brief BARC on audit assignments where necessary in absence of the Head of Internal Audit
- Assist to Prepare the agenda for the BARC and share with all HODs where necessary
- Assist to Compile reports from HODs for the BARC meeting
- Assist to prepare the implementation status of BARC directives to management through frequent engagement with HODs for the update.
- Conducting a risk assessment for IT systems, infrastructure, programs, and cybersecurity.
- Assist Head of Internal Audit in performing risk assessment for the organization as input for the annual audit plan.
- Assist in documentation of the annual Audit Plan for BARC review in absence of the Head of Internal Audit
Academic & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in either of the following fields; Computer Science, Finance, Accounts, Commerce, Business, ICT or equivalent. Must be CISA certified.
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Tanzania, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant/
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, and background in Information technology will be added advantages.
Relevant working experience:
Work experience in Audit and Information Technology of at least five(5)years
Required skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of cyber, cloud, and data mining
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, compliance, and best practices in the financial sector
- Sound understanding of the audit cycle, end to end
- Good business skills to understand organizational risks and controls
Mode of application:
Qualifying candidates are encouraged to apply online only through: [email protected] enclosing the following:
- An application letter showing how they meet the position requirements;
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae;
- Contact address including telephone number(s)and e-mail address(s); and
- Names and full addresses of three (3) professional related referees.
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before or by 15th July 2022