Team Leader-Packaging Job Opportunity at Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL)
Position: Team Leader-Packaging
Location: Moshi, Tanzania
Job Description :
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 20%.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
The Payroll Operations Team within the Employee Experience Tower contributes to the delivery of payroll for Diageo across Europe & Africa; constantly liaising with 3rd party Service Providers.
The team works within an uncompromising pay cycle time frame, providing a consistently reliable and accurate service within a multifaceted environment from both ongoing legislative and Policy changes.
- Creating/Maintaining a safe working environment and ensure all equipment within packaging is operated jn line with required
- Environment, Health and Safety standards Delivering quality product that meets Diageo specifications to both Internal and external customers
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene of across all packaging equipment and areas around the equipment
- Planning and controlling the production area to ensure delivery that is on time and in full to the agreed schedule
- Reducing waste in the operation to meet or exceed cost targets.
- Coaching and Development of employees jn area of responsibility.
- Establishing continuous improvement as a way of life through the active introduction of operational best practices.
- Active participation in own personal development initiatives as a leader of people.
- Ensure proper application of RCPS through role modelling and leadership. Raise 5 why’s as defined by agreed trigger points and lead situational problem solving on shift.
- Completely accountable for planning and driving the Asset Care agenda for the shift
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Qualifications Certificate or Diploma in Production Management
- Diploma in Engineering/Food Science/Chemistry/Biochemistry is highly preferable
- IBD Diploma in Packaging and/or Brewing Experience
- Atleast Ten (10) years experience with 5 (five) years management experience in a Brewing or Packaging Industry.
- Experience in food or drink manufacturing environment, management of people performance and development and Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety in the food or drink manufacturing industry
- Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
- Lack of people management skills o Lack of communication skills
- Lack of packaging knowledge
Worker Type : Regular
Primary Location: Moshi, Tanzania