Job Opportunity At Maternity Africa July 2022
Position: Pharmaceutical Technician
Organization: Maternity Africa
Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
We are inviting applicants for the position of a Pharmaceutical Technician to support our vision and vision of reaching out to vulnerable women through safe deliveries and obstetric treatments in an environment that values you and is supportive. This role will involve receiving prescriptions, advising, dispensing drugs to clients, stock taking and reconciliation in the pharmacy. Does it feel like you fit this roles description? Send in that job application!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check prescriptions to make sure there are no errors and that they’re appropriate and safe for the individual patient.
- Liaise with other medical staff on problems patients may experience when taking their medicines.
- Make sure medicines are stored and disposed-off appropriately and securely.
- Write guidelines for drug use and disposal within the hospital and implement hospital regulations.
- Provide information on expenditure on drugs.
- Prepare and quality-check sterile medications, for example, intravenous medications.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals, counselling patients on drug therapies.
- Complies with Tanzania drug laws as regulated by National Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
- Liaise with Clinical lead in each area.
- Restocking all clinical areas on a daily basis Monday to Friday.
- Ensuring stocks do not become depleted – reordering supplies in good time, liaising with the procurement officer.
- Maintain a drug usage register.
- Monitoring the controlled drug books (Misoprostol and Pethidine)
- Complete all relevant data collection sheets.
- Making regular reconciliation of drugs dispensed against issues.
- Write an infection control policy and waste management policy applicable to the specific area of Pharmacy.
- Performing any other duties related to the role as assigned by the supervisor
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- Minimum qualifications of a Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy or its Equivalent from a recognised Institution.
- Must be registered by the National Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
- Experience in Msd ordering system.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience.
- Accurate and details oriented
- Computer literate ie proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Effective Communication skills both verbally and written.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to [email protected]
Application should be sent by 25th July, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!