Job Opportunities at DHL Tanzania 2022
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Company Name: DHL
Salary Range: Negotiable + Benefits
Job Department: Customer Service, Sales & Marketing
Customer Service Manager
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we hire world-class people. People who aren’t afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard. Our Customer Service Managers do just that – every day, all day. They have the drive to lead, the passion for excellence, and the enthusiasm for team development that we need. They’re not just ready to face the challenges of the day – they’re psyched about it because they know they are a part of everyday life. If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes; we’re looking for you.
This role is responsible for leading and directing all activities related to the Customer Service function of the business to ensure a customer-centric approach is maintained throughout the organization. Must ensure the achievement and maintenance of exceptional service standards, the development and implementation of cross-cutting policies for the resolution of customer queries, the management and control of customer service functions to maximize opportunities and drive growth profitability of various customer segments, as well as influencing the design of new products, procedures, solutions and systems by working closely with the different functions.
- Ensures that all strategies are aligned with the four pillars of the company (motivated people, high quality of service, loyal customers and profitable network).
- Contributes to the Local and Regional Strategy, as well as in decision making.
- Apply, monitor and keep updated policies and procedures, with the aim of maintaining an outstanding level of customer service.
- Select, supervise, train, develop and evaluate staff, ensuring an adequate and well-trained workforce.
- Develops Sales and Customer Service strategies, policies and standards within the overall context of DHL.
- Formulates and communicates the Customer Service policies, the performance measures and the standards for the management of the Country, allowing an effective measurement of the results of sales and customer service.
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of customer complaints to ensure prompt and courteous attention. Give short-term and long-term suggestions to correct problems as needed.
- Defines and establishes the communication strategy for the Customer Service area.
- Develops the planning of the Customer Service area in the medium and long term.
- Develop service offerings that require a unique local approach and oversee the development of appropriate solutions.
- Comply with what is established in the programs, manuals, procedures and instructions that apply within the SST.
- Develop and keep motivated the Customer Service team, as well as implement projects to ensure that the career line of your team is implemented and visible.
- Determines the organization structure, roles, responsibilities, and objectives for the Customer Service functions.
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop a highly qualified functional department.
- Develop a culture of quality, service excellence (for internal customers), flexibility, and cost awareness.
- Develop team spirit and multitasking capabilities within the team.
- Manages the allocation of appropriate resources and the commitment of personnel for the achievement of global, regional and national objectives and goals.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Develop and promote DHL’s corporate values.
Studies, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin, Customer care, Sales/Marketing, Supply chain or relevant field.
- Graduate qualification, preferably a master’s degree with an emphasis in related areas such as Customer Service and Attention, Sales, Marketing.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in similar positions in Management (preferred).
- Advanced English level.
- Strategic thinking and Strong analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills / interpersonal understanding.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at a managerial level.
- Customer oriented.
- Achievement oriented dynamic and initiative.
- Excellent commercial or business acumen.
- Knowledge of the business, market, product and process.
- Budget management and cost control skills.
- Strong Projects management and Presentation skills.
- Organizational and planning skills to develop customer service policies.
- Motivational skills and an ability to supervise and lead a team of customer service assistants.
- A commitment to improve your customer service skills on an on-going basis.
DHL has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We value each other’s differences while recognizing individual strength. DHL never forget that you make us who we are; we work hard to make sure a career with DHL is as satisfying and successful as it can be. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays. DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your recent Resume/CV and Cover letter immediately.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter via the apply form/button or our career email below: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants are contacted for the competency-based skills assessment and DHL virtual recruitment interview.
10th October, 2022