Job Opportunity at MDH, Program Officer Covid-19
Program Officer – Covid-19 (CO)
Dar es SalaamPosted 1 min ago
Management and Development for Health
POSITION TITLE: PROGRAM OFFICER COVID-19 (CO) (1 POST)
PROJECT: AFYA KWANZA AND AFYA JUMUISHI
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL VACCINE MANAGER
Position Summary: The Program Officer Covid-19 (CO) is a self-motivated individual who will coordinate all COVID19 vaccination activities at assigned councils collaboratively with Council Health Management team and program team to ensure objectives related to COVID19 vaccination are met. He/she is responsible in harmonizing all covid19 vaccination activities at both health facilities and community set up with quality provision of service according to ministry of health guide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to district Covid 19 vaccination program management such as updating work plans, coordinating staff and volunteer arrangements and monitoring program activities.
2. Track performance against project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
3. Serve as district point of contact and interacting independently with Facility field-based colleagues, using good judgment to monitor and address issues in a timely manner, and keeping senior district project management apprised of activity progress.
4. Assist with the preparation of project administrative reports and documenting program activities and deliverables for assigned portfolio.
5. Ensure timely implementation and achievement of project performance objectives and deliverables.
6. Rapidly prioritize and address programmatic, financial, administrative, and logistics needs and requirements generated from MDH leadership, and act as primary point of contact for select district for matters regarding Covid 19 and its vaccinations.
7. Contribute to the COVID-19 and vaccination work planning and budgeting processes.
8. Ensure compliance with MDH procurement and financial reporting procedures by field-based programs and serving as a resource to field finance and administrative staff on procurement and payment procedures. `
9. Serve as support to the DPM liaising in matters for internal units, such as Accounting, Travel, Contracts, Business Services, and others.
10. Maintain and update project tracking sheets for deliverables, as well as maintaining relevant project files.
11. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Degree in Medicine, Nursing or related Health Sciences.
2. Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Administration, Health economics, Community Development or other relevant field will be an added advantage.
3. At least five years of related professional experience in managing public health programs, health systems or health service delivery with demonstrable competencies in large scale vaccination and/or other health prevention programs and services/ campaigns.
4. Demonstrated experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, reporting, data analysis and data use.
5. Demonstrated ability to plan and implement large scale vaccine interventions such as COVID-19, using a variety of methods.
6. Ability to build positive working relationships, characterized by mutual respect and professional courtesy, with counterparts and program beneficiaries across different boundaries.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in multi-disciplinary team; manage multiple tasks concurrently; meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
8. Understanding of the Global and National COVID 19 Response Priorities and targets and program coordination with multiple stakeholders (local Gov, collaborators, Donors, CSOs, community/religion leaders.
9. Strong leadership skill and ability to transfer this skill to others.
10. Demonstrated self-starter (i.e., motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability.
11. Computer skills such as Microsoft word, power point and excel with data collection, processing and analysis.
12. Excellent command of both English and Kiswahili with strong writing and presentation skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 10th August 2022.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.