Driver Job Opportunity at IOM Rwanda
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.Driver Job Opportunity at IOM Rwanda
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), general supervision of the Resources Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Procurement Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible;
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drive assigned IOM office vehicle(s).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s) to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Keep records of spare parts for vehicle(s) and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Find the most direct and safe route over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption, etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials. Take proper actions to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials and/or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Meet official personnel at the airport(s) and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree/certificate with minimum 2 years of relevant working experience or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid national driver’s licence.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles
- Knowledge of radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs. Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Delivering results: Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Accountability: Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Communication: Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorisations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regard to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application).
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by 18th October 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
IOM Rwanda will only accept applications along with updated CV (Nationality, Education, Experience including responsibilities) and an application letter (not more than one page).