Application Support Analyst (Anglophone Africa) at MiracleFeet April, 2023
MiracleFeet is a global nonprofit working to eliminate a leading cause of physical disability worldwide. Over two million children live with the severe consequences of a treatable birth defect known as clubfoot, and 200,000 more babies are born with it every year. Thanks to a non-surgical solution called the Ponseti method, 95 percent of cases can be fully treated for less than $500. Still, today fewer than one in five children has access to treatment.Application Support Analyst (Anglophone Africa) at MiracleFeet April, 2023
At MiracleFeet we work to bring the Ponseti method to all children born with clubfoot. Since 2010, we have scaled this proven, low-cost treatment to more than 34 countries – in West/Central Africa, East Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East & North Africa – where children previously had limited or no access to care. To date more than 77,000 children have been enrolled in treatment, a number we are able to track thanks to digital tools we developed with support from google.org. These tools, called CAST and CAST Community, allow clinicians to track data on every patient visit and enable clinicians, as well as MiracleFeet’s partners and staff to view aggregate data on treatment quality.
Our Team: Culture
Join our movement to work toward a world where all children born with clubfoot realize their rights to quality treatment. We are in it to end it! Our global team is made up of health professionals, social entrepreneurs, project managers, data nerds, innovators, and activists. In accordance with our values, we strive to create a collaborative, collegial, and respectful environment to ensure all staff feel valued, included, and appreciated. In all facets of our work, we celebrate creative thinking and problem-solving.
MiracleFeet’s Application Support Analyst –Anglophone Africa is responsible for supporting MiracleFeet’s core program technology systems in partner countries across Anglophone Africa region (Uganda, Tanzania, Somalia, South Sudan, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Zimbabwe). MiracleFeet’s data collection and analysis solutions are comprised of the following products:
- CommCare: CommCare is a software that enables organizations to build mobile applications that facilitate offline data collection. Using CommCare, MiracleFeet has developed the CAST (Clubfoot Administration System) mHealth application to collect patient-level data in clubfoot clinics.
- Salesforce: MiracleFeet uses Salesforce to aggregate the data received through the CAST app. MiracleFeet staff, partners, and clinicians can access clinic and country level data through the CAST Community – a Salesforce portal customized for CAST users.
The key responsibilities of the Application Support Analyst – Anglophone Africa region include overseeing use of the CAST App and CAST Community in all partner clinics in English speaking Africa, monitoring data quality, providing users training on these systems, providing basic support to users in the region, and assisting country coordinators in device management. The Anglophone Africa user base consists of approximately 150 clinics in 8 countries and 11 partners Uganda, Tanzania, Somalia, South Sudan, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Zimbabwe.
The Application Support Analyst – Anglophone Africa is a member of the Product Team, reports to the Application Support Manager (based in Madagascar) and works closely with the East Africa and West & Central Africa Program Managers and Program Field Officers, Country Coordinators, and the Application Support Analyst team.
This is a 40-hour/week full-time contract position based out of Tanzania, Uganda, or Nigeria. The Consultant may be periodically asked to travel to MiracleFeet partner locations and clinics (for technology set-up and training) up to one week per month. Applicants must already reside in and have an appropriate work permit for one of the above-mentioned countries.
- Review reports in CommCare HQ and Salesforce to ensure data quality (including duplicate management, timely data submission, etc.)
- Monitor reports in CommCare and Salesforce which provide data about system usage. Follow up with Country Coordinators and end users when system use is below average or needs improvement.
- Work with MiracleFeet regional Program Manager and/or Program Field Officer to encourage partners and providers to use data and reports from the CAST Community to improve treatment quality at the clinic level.
- Regularly deliver CAST, Salesforce, and data use training to Country Coordinators and end users.
- When new clinics are added, onboard and train clinic staff on MiracleFeet’s data collection and analysis tools.
- Support partner staff that have been trained as a CAST Trainer to conduct their own trainings.
- Receive and triage requests for technical support and questions from CAST users
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for basic issues. Escalate complex issues and problems to MiracleFeet’s System Administrator
- Record all technical support requests received via other platforms (e.g. WhatsApp, text, or email) in JIRA Service Desk. Utilize Service Desk for communication with end users whenever possible.
- Adhere to all established Service Level Agreements.
- Support country coordinators in procurement, provision, and inventory management of mobile devices.
- Work with MiracleFeet HQ team to schedule and coordinate regular mobile phone device upgrades.
- Ensure mobile device safety and security; adhere to data privacy protocols.
Product Development and Maintenance
- Participate in Agile sprints and product planning as requested
- Work with your peer CAST Administrators in other regions and MiracleFeet’s Program Operations team to continually improve processes to support data quality and use, as well suggest updates to MiracleFeet’s core program technology to improve utility for the end users.
*Note: From time to time, Consultant may be asked by Director of Digital Systems to attend or present at MiracleFeet staff meetings or other events, when relevant to Consultant’s role.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience in data systems management and/or measurement and evaluation
- Candidates should be able to speak English fluently, knowledge of Swahili is an advantage
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, or experience in data collection/analysis/management platforms
- Experience working with international teams and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Interest in learning new technologies and understanding organizational and programmatic use of data, tools, and systems
- Experience with systems and processes to support, collect, analyze, and report data for program improvement
- Strong analytic skills: Demonstrated ability to understand and/or anticipate organizational needs, translate those needs into clear reports and dashboards, respond to requested changes, and identify/prioritize customizations.
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working on digital health or mHealth projects
- Experience in using a CommCare application, another mobile data collection tool, or Salesforce
- Experience in creating reports for program evaluation
- Familiarity with data quality monitoring protocols
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or alternative Service Management / ticketing platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to synthesize information quickly Excels at operating in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Skilled in interpersonal diplomacy and relationship-building, sensitive to cultural norms and expectations.
- Flexible to the needs of the organization and the challenges often faced when working in low- and middle-income countries, and responsive to the needs of end- Able to organize one’s time and work autonomously while still working in collaboration with others.
- Proactive, creative, and takes initiative.
Salary commensurate with experience. The position is on a contract or consultancy basis. MiracleFeet will not be offering a US-based employment contract.
Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume here.
Once you submit your application, you should receive a notification confirming your materials were received. If you do not receive this automatic message, please contact Tameka.firstname.lastname@example.org. We also recommend you add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us. Please no phone calls. Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 19th, 2023, or until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is July 2023.
Encouraging Applicants of All Backgrounds
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. No matter one’s background, the new Application Support Analyst must value and advocate for inclusion and equity.
MiracleFeet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment. MiracleFeet is proud of our organizational values of collaboration, ambition, integrity, and justice, and expect staff to demonstrate these values in all behaviors and professional interactions. For additional information, refer to our website: www.miraclefeet.org
Leave a comment