Job Opportunity at Aga Khan Health Service – Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager
Dar es Salaam
Aga Khan Health Service (AKHST)
The Aga Khan Health Services is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network that supports activities in the health field.
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive Cardiology programme, Oncology services and Neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
We are seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER as described below:
SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER – (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Finance Manager oversees the smooth running of finance team on daily basis and managing daily operational activities, Finance Reports, resolve differences and queries as well as supervising timely submission of monthly, semi-annual and annual tax forms/returns and ensure compliance with tax authorities and other government regulation bodies.
- Manage monthly and annual closing activities and prepare various financial and analytical reports.
- Provides technical accounting support and interpretation to management and employees.
- Supervise to ensure timely submission of monthly, semi-annual and annual tax forms/returns and ensure compliance with tax authorities and other government regulation bodies.
- Review the daily reconciliation of bank accounts on daily basis and ensure availability sufficient balance of foreign currency to fulfill institution’s commitment. Work closely with bank to resolve any identified errors and queries.
- Manage working capital and ensure hospitals cash flow is adequate to allow operate effectively, closely liaison with debtor department and follow-up on recovery issues, schedule creditor payments on weekly basis in accordance with forecasted cash flows.
- Completely oversee the smooth running of finance department – creditor on daily basis and facilitate team in managing the daily operational activities, resolve differences and queries and set example in partnering with other department to fulfil institution goals.
- Prepare monthly key management reports including variance reports.
- Prepare institutional budget while corresponding and gathering departmental and historic data.
- Manage and supervise general accounting section and its staff (including Creditors, GL, Payroll, Insurance, Fixed Assets, Inventory and Treasury).
- Co-ordinate audit related matters, liaise with external auditors and facilitate reviews.
- Manage relationship and closely liaison with bankers, external auditors, consultants, lawyers, tax administrator, and other government authorities.
- Work closely with other departmental managers and heads to overcome any shortfall in financial processes, facilitate internal and external stake holders in accordance with policies.
- Recruit, train and evaluate department staff.
- Supervise the reconciliation of Inter Unit Accounts.
- Reconcile cash account and deposits on daily basis and authorize receipts by verifying necessary documentation.
- Manage investment register and renew deposits on timely basis, place vacant funds in investment as per institution guidelines and policies.
- Play key role in developing/updating financial policies and procedures in accordance with any regulation changes or any development in the best practices.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- Professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CMA.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the related field.
- Minimum of 3 years in leadership and management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and MS Office.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. 0. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 22ND MAY, 2022.