Job Vacancy at Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit an Engineering Manager to join and grow their team.
You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure targets are met.
- Life of mine planning for all departments for asset management and refurbishment and replacement strategies (all processing, mining and service departments).
- Control and allocation of Capital Expenditure for continued asset management.
- Daily maintenance planning and execution of all mine assets management.
- Monitoring and control of critical stoppages and incidents resulting in reduced production and execution of appropriate action plans to ensure reoccurrence is prevented.
- Effectively promote, deploy, and comply with all Safety & Health and Environmental policies, standards, procedures and regulations across Light Vehicles, Transport equipment and machinery maintenance to company policies and Tanzanian mining legislation.
- Take ownership of the Company’s Asset Management within the areas of responsibility with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Management of maintenance, repairs, and alterations to all buildings, facilities and utilities within the mine surface operational area as well as the sporting and residential areas.
- Effective and efficient allocation of maintenance resources as measured by schedule compliance, PM compliance, level of planned vs. unplanned work and the ongoing management of backlogs.
- Proactively develop quality systems, approaches and practices as needed
- Execution of affective reliability center maintenance practices.
- Continuous improvement of asset reliability and availability.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Business administration/leadership certificate/degree
- Competency certification in mechanical or electrical engineering field for mines and works
- Registered with Professional Engineering Council
- Computer literacy is essential- Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, ERP and MRPII packages(SAP, Ellipse, Pronto, Oracle etc)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar diversified high level portfolio as described in the profile, of which 5 years must be at senior management level
- Experience in a remote site environment will be an advantage
- Strong experience in setting standards and procedures for maintenance and construction practices
- Experience in open cast and underground mining essential
- Knowledge of major mining product suppliers and service providers
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
How to apply:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume online
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “Engineering Manager” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
- Please forward applications before 18th July 2022
- We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.