Batch Processing Administrator Job Opportunity at NMB Bank Plc
NMB Bank Plc,Batch Processing Administrator Job Opportunity at NMB Bank Plc
Dar es Salaam
Job Location :Head Office
- Batch Processing Administrator is responsible for running the end of day process in the Core Banking System (CBS).
- The position requires an aptitude and energy to work in the night shift as End of day (EOD) for the Bank is run on a daily basis.
- Support Branches to ensure they also end the day smoothly and all business units process the batch on time before the actual Head office EOD Run.
- Handle incoming queries related to EOD from branches and head office and escalate to level 2 if there is a complex case.
- Actively run EOD batch and ensure that it is completed within 2- 4 hours.
- Immediately escalate any incident in EOD process to second level support team available on call.
- Ensure that the core banking system users are allowed to login to the system by activating the login time level 30 minutes before branches or business open for a day.
- Restrict access to the system to avoid users to login in disallowed time to avoid fraud.
- Go the extra mile to resolve incidents related to EOD and all issues which need to be resolved by 3rd level support to be logged in my oracle Support portal.
- Ensure the CBS Application is refreshed to improve the system performance before allowing all users to login.
- Throughout the EOD process, they maintain detailed records of EOD incidents in a special knowledge base tool.
- Support department – wide operations by creating, editing, and maintaining IT documents. This can include
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) documents for users that detail common issues and how to resolve them without opening a service desk or My oracle support (MOS) ticket.
- Submission of End of Day/End of Month /End of Year reports immediately after the process is completed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of the bank operations, procedures and systems
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to fast type and submission of EOD batches.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Substantial experience in IT support to customers
- Problem Solving skills
- Must be attentive to details.
- Time Management skills and should be able to set priorities when handling multiple cases.
- Team collaboration skills – routinely work with other IT personnel to resolve user issues.
- Excellent technical and computer skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years working experience in banking specifically in batch processing
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job closing date : 20-Jan-2023