Communication Manager Job Opportunity at Uongozi Institute
The Institute is seeking to fill the Communications Manager (CM) position. Reporting to the CEO, the
CM will be responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating the Institute’s communication
strategy that supports the implementation of our Strategic Plan. The CM will lead the knowledge-
sharing initiatives and increase Institute’s visibility across the World.Communication Manager Job Opportunity at Uongozi Institute
Duties and responsibilities
Manage the Communications Unit
• Develop, implement and update the communications strategy and plans in support of the
Institute’s Strategic Plan as needed.
• Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Communications Unit, including
assessing workloads, preparing and monitoring budgets, and detecting areas for improvement.
• Report the Unit’s activities in line with the Institute’s reporting process.
• Manage personnel under the Unit.Customers’ and Stakeholders’ Communications
• Review copy of reports, briefs, proposals, press releases etc., for external dissemination and
publication to ensure that the information intended is well communicated to the intended
• Assist the CEO with matters of communication such as public relations, presenting information to
stakeholders, and media relations.
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders of the Institute.
• Contribute to the database of contacts and the Institute’s mailing list.
• Assure consistent communication of the Institute’s desired image and position to internal and
• Oversee content development and management of the Institute’s website, blog, social media
platforms, YouTube channels and television programmes to promote the work of the Institute.
• Create and execute strategies for high-level events to enhance the Institute’s thought leadership,
and communicate the Institute’s products and services among the targeted audience.
• Provide strategic leadership in developing result-based communication to ensure positive and
productive relationships with key stakeholders.Internal Communication
• Support and encourage networks for knowledge sharing and information dissemination.
• Research, evaluate and share information related to the Institute’s themes and programmes.
• Support the development of communication guidelines for internal and external communication.Media and Public Relations
• Implement diverse public relations strategies to attract target audiences.
• Publicise and promote the Institute’s value proposition to reach target audiences.
• Build productive media relations with local and regional media houses.
• Oversee the production of digital media content by organising complex source materials into
coherent and understandable multimedia pieces
• Proficient Writer – Ability to tailor and deliver impactful communications messages.
• Relationship Management – Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships and
• Creative Skills – Ability to communicate complex data and information in a simple language.
• Networking Skills – Ability to interact with senior government officials, former and current leaders
of countries, and international consultants; must project a professional image, be sensitive to
potential issues, and always be discrete.
• Results-based Management – ability to link the implementation of plans to achieve results.
• Communication Skills – Ability to communicate intentions and requirements effectively to internal
and external stakeholders.
• Advisory Skills – Superior technical knowledge to facilitate advisory services.Essential competencies
• Leadership–Ability to persuade others to follow.
• People Management–Ability to optimise talent and maximise productivity.
• Team Management–Ability to create a common vision and a well-functioning team.
• Applicant must be in public service (government ministries, agencies, and departments).
• Master’s degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Business
Communication, or equivalent qualification from recognised institutions.
• Eight (8) years of relevant experience; should be at the rank of at least senior officer.
• Fluency in English and Swahili.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application, comprising of the following:
• A brief statement on the related or similar work as above.
• Detailed curriculum vitae with contact details for three referees.
• Copies of certificates.
The above is to be submitted to the below address:
Chief Executive Officer
Plot no. 100, Magogoni street, Kivukoni
P.O. Box 105753, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR through email [email protected], with the subject line “COMMUNICATIONS
Deadline for Receiving Applications: 20 January 2023.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to promote a diverse
workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.