Head of Finance and Administration at TBA
TBA is a members-based advocacy body for the banking sector that endeavors to bring together members through cooperation and collaboration in matters of common interests. This includes efforts geared towards elevating professional standards in the industry.
The Association seeks to continue positioning its members as main contributors and facilitators of economic growth in Tanzania. TBA currently has a membership of 42 Banks and Financial Institutions.Head of Finance and Administration at TBA
POSITION: HEAD OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to be considered for appointment to the post of Head of Finance and Administration at Tanzania Bankers Association, the full description of which is as follows:
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam,
Duration of Appointment: Fixed-term contract of five (5) years (renewable, subject to satisfactory performance)
Scheduled date of commencement: February, 2023.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Develop, Manage and implement the financial management system, policies and system of internal financial control.
- Financial forecasting, analysis, and compliance to financial reporting to facilitate operational and strategic decision. In addition, being in charge of general operations and administration of the Secretariat including strategy implementation.
The Head of Finance will Report to the Executive Director, work closely with other staff and management at the Secretariat to ensure harmonized operations and efficiency of the organization.
The Head of Finance’s key job functions shall be as follows:
- Provide strategic advice to the Secretariat on matters related to finance and Accounting; particularly around
- financial forecasting, budgeting, and TBA strategy implementation projects/programs
- Ensure accurate and complete recording of the financial transactions for the Organization;
- Prepare annual budgets and financial forecasts, monitor expenditure against budget and perform variance and trend analysis;
- Proper handling and management of project/programme funds
- Prepare timely annual financial statements and financial reporting compliant with International Financial
- Reporting and Accounting Standards.
- Incharge of Administration and operations at the Secretariat
- Review and analyze financial data and prepare timely monthly management accounts, including income
- statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow;
- Ensure implementation of the proper accounting system for bookkeeping and operational support/MIS as per
- best industry practices (this includes, streamlining and improving accounting systems and operations);
- Provide sound financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and
- provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results;
- Interpret and translate financial statements to drive strategic business decision making and Organizational growth;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations, staff rules, accounting policies, procurement procedures, asset disposable policy, laws and legislations,
- Ensure compliance with guidance and recommendations of the Governing Council of TBA, Executive Director and external auditors;
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the Organization;
- Ensure effective learning, performance management and career development of departmental staff;
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or equivalent; Master Degree on either of the
- Accounting/Finance/Business Administration and other Professional qualifications such as: CA, ACCA,
- CIMA, CIS will be an added advantage
- An Applicant must be a holder of CPA -Tanzania or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years’ relevant work experience of which not less than 2 years should be at a
- managerial/senior position
- Experience of managing donor funded projects/programmes will be an asset
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Strong financial management and corporate reporting skills
- Strategy formulation and implementation capability
- Adequate experience with Enterprise Resource Planning system such as Dynamic NAV (formerly known as Navision) and or others
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends and incorporate them into the organizational planning
- Excellent communication; relationship management and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, focus on detail and ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge and application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Good people management and leadership skills
SELECTED KEY DELIVERABLES
- Timely annual financial statements and financial reporting compliant with International Financial Reporting and Accounting Standards.
- Strategic advice to the Secretariat on financial forecasts, budgeting, and TBA strategy on matters related to finance and Accounting;
- Accurate and complete records of the financial transactions for the Organization;
- Monthly management accounts, which including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
All Applications should be sent and received latest by 15th January 2023 addressed to the following address:
Tanzania Bankers Association,
Dar es Salaam.