Project Coordinator Support job at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.)Project Coordinator Support job at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- University Degree/ Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, Inter-national Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
- Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment.
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Desirable: Two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Desirable: Management experience.
- Essential: English and Swahili, both high level command oral and written (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
- Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, en-suring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments.
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans.\Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment.
- Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays).
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs Teaching and supporting skills
- Result and quality orientation
- Flexible, stress resistant and cooperative person
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday, January 20th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate.
Your data will be treated confidentially.
Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]