VMMC Program Officer Job Opportunity at THPS Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services.VMMC Program Officer Job Opportunity at THPS Tanzania
THPS is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the below position.
|Position title:||VMMC Program Officer|
Reports to: Regional VMMC Coordinator
Project: Afya Hatua (CDC/PEPFAR)
Scope of the role:
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program Officer is required to provide assistance both programmatic and in the clinical direction in the implementation and scale-up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) activities in Kigoma Region. He/she will be responsible for overall coordination, capacity building, demand creation, and implementation of VMMC services in line with national and international VMMC standards and guidelines to achieve great target coverage in the Kigoma region. The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program Officer reports to the Regional VMMC Services Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for the implementation of all VMMC activities in the region.
- Ensure VMMC services follow national, WHO, PERFAR/CDC and Government of Tanzania and THPS protocols, policies, and guidelines.
- Maintain regular communication with regional and council health management teams R/CHMTs).
- Conduct clinical mentorship and supportive supervision to healthcare workers implementing the VMMC services in collaboration with R/CHMTs.
- Provide technical assistance and organize trainings and deliver training, CME sessions on VMMC quality assurance in collaboration with the regional team.
- Conduct VMMC demand creation activities in collaboration with local government targeting older men 25-29 years and hard to reach populations.
- Developing work plan for day-to-day program implementation at the regional and district level including supervision at field level.
- Contribute in preparation of annual work plans, budgets, performance reports and quarterly reports for VMMC in the region.
- Ensure consistent availability of VMMC supplies, equipment, and consumables for VMMC services in all VMMC services delivery points.
- Collaborate with M&E team to ensure uninterrupted availability of national VMMC M&E tools, proper documentation at VMMC static and outreach sites.
- Maintain up-to date statistics and projects data for the Project’s performance monitoring and reporting.
- Intergrade VMMC services with other health services like COVID-19 vaccination, HIVST and non-communicable disease services.
- Develop regional innovations on VMMC activities implementation and document success stories, case studies, best practices and lessons learnt from the field.
- Perform other duties as assisted by the organization.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Medical trained personnel (MD, MBBS or equivalent)
- Minimum two years of experience working with PEPFAR-funded HIV/AIDs programs.
- VMMC surgical and device-based services skills are preferred.
- Experience working with local government authorities including R/CHMTs, other stakeholders, and health facilities.
- Ability to work independently with strong coordination and supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
How to apply:
Apply to . [email protected] Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply
Deadline is January 15, 2023